Our approach to product maintenance is based on testing by our materials lab team. This information is our most current recommendation for how to clean and disinfect your Infinity Massage Chair. We’ll continue to update this as we learn more.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Are Not the Same. But Both Are Critical.
- Uses soap or detergent and water to physically remove germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces or objects. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Uses chemicals (such as EPA-registered disinfectants) to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading the infection.
- Cleaning products used for soil and stain removal may not be effective disinfectants. And products that disinfect may not be effective for soil and stain removal.
- For directions on stain removal, see Cleaning and Care Instructions below
- For directions on removing germs and disinfecting materials, see the guidelines on this page.
Scientific studies indicate “on surface” virus viability and transferability from fabrics are much lower than with nonporous surfaces such as plastic, and
stainless steel. Because of this, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has said standard cleaning protocols should be sufficient for daily cleaning of soft surfaces.
We do not recommend the use of disinfectants on our soft surfaces. Testing in our
Materials Labs has found that disinfectants can degrade the appearance of textiles not specifically
designed to withstand them.
Important Notes Regarding These Cleaning Instructions
- For the latest information on potential exposure pathways for COVID-19 infection, including contact with surfaces, please see the World Health Organization website.
- Please work with your Facilities staff to determine how frequently your products should be cleaned.
- Proper personal protection equipment such as gloves and eye protection, as directed by the cleaner manufacturer, must be worn.
- To avoid risks of fire or shock, always disconnect electrical power when cleaning products that use or provide electricity.
- Be careful not to allow liquids to enter any openings in electrical products.
Due to the wide variation in the end use of these cleaning products (including amount of product
applied, elapsed time before removal from the surface, physical action used to remove the
cleaner, and the number of applications), your results may vary from the test results used to develop this guide.
If you are unsure about the use of a given cleaner on a surface, please test it first on a small,
inconspicuous area before proceeding with a broader cleaning program.
- Infinity Massage Chairs cannot make a determination of the effectiveness of a given disinfectant product in fighting pathogens, such as COVID-19. Please refer to your local public health authority’s guidance on how to stay safe from potential infection.
Cleaning & Care Instructions:
Little maintenance is required to keep your chair looking new day-to-day. For safety purposes, disconnect the power cord from the electrical outlet before any cleaning. Use a soft cloth to wipe down your chair and then us a vacuum to remove any debris from cracks and crevices. Do not use any harsh chemicals (no alcohol, benzine or thinners). If you must, dampen a soft cloth with water or a mild soap and water to spot clean and always wipe dry. Products that disinfect may not be appropriate for cleaning or stain removal. Do not dry with heat. After cleaning synthetic leather surfaces, always follow up with a Leather/Synthetic Leather conditioner to rehydrate the surface.
To clean remote, use a dry cloth only. To clean the foot massage inserts,
unzip and remove from the chair, hand wash, and line dry
Extra tip: If your chair is located in direct sunlight, cover exposed parts of
chair when not in use to ensure the fabric does not fade.